The X-20 Dragonslayer is a type of Terran missile ordnance.
Each missile houses a micro-fusion warhead made to implode with enough force to destroy a small squadron of fighters or cripple a frigate. If a Dragonslayer can get inside large capital ships, it can cause a chain reaction of multiple secondary explosions that will eventually destroy the ship (Star Wars: N-1 starfighter; Stargate - Atlantis: Daedalus).
Due to Protoss plasma shields and recent developments in force fields, the missile can be augmented with EM disruption technology to bypass most energy barriers (Mass Effect: Disruptor Torpedoes). This technology comes with a high manufacturing cost which forces Dragonslayers to be used in tactically specific missions. As such, the missile is often equipped to Yellow Jacket UAVs for their stealth, speed, and maneuverability.
- Can be mounted on ships, fighters and drones
- Can take down a Battlecruiser if it gets through defenses
- Can be equipped with EM disruption technology to bypass energy shielding
- Requires target lock before being launched
- High cost makes it difficult to mass produce
- Can be intercepted by point defense lasers