The knuckles appear as a curved, triangular-shaped weapons while inactive (Stargate SG-1: Tollan sidearm). Once activated, they project a solid hexagonal barrier of photons (Ratchet & Clank - Secret Agent Clank: Holo-Knuckles; DC Comics: Power Ring; Mass Effect: Kinetic Barrier).
In defensive roles, Photon-knuckles impervious to small and large caliber rounds alike. Nothing short of a kamikaze fighter can shatter the hexagonal barrier. Even after being overloaded, the knuckles can re-establish the field within seconds as long as there is energy in its power cell.
- Medium to High damage in melee
- Can block most types of melee attacks
- Can resist impacts from most infantry weapons
- Can be dual wielded with small to medium arms
- Fast to recharge
- Not effective at ranged attacks
- Can shatter after being hit by too many heavy weapons
- Can be dual wielded with longer arms