The X-76 Thermonuclear device, or thermos, is a "low-yield" fusion bomb that can create a crater with a quarter mile wide radius. A foot in length, these nukes are smaller versions of thermonuclear charges used to destroy medium to massive sized vessels. Thermoses can be detonated by remote at a maxium distance of 2 miles.
Because of its light weight and size, X-76s can be fitted into rocket lauchers and fired at large clusters of enemy infantry or buildings (Starship Troopers: Tactical Oxygen Nuke). In extreme cases, the devices are small enough to be equipped to small fighters and/or transports when pinpoint targeting is impossible (Stargate - Atlantis: Battle of Atlantis).
- Causes great damage to structures
- Leaves no background radiation
- Protable and equipable to most Terran aerospace crafts
- Blast area is large enough to take out users if detonating manually
- Failsafes prevent explosion if device is damaged enough